This has been achieved by exposing the infant to bright light (approximately 4.5 micro watts/sq cm/nm) in the range of 420-480 nm wave length by use of conventional phototherapy unit, In order to remove the limitation of fluorescent and CFL tubes, mLabs has utilised long lasting, durable, more efficient and cost effective LEDs with more than double the flux as against what is radiated from conventional, fluorescent and CFL, for jaundice treatment.
- LED 9/12/15 hi power LEDs(blue)(white LED optional)
- Irradiance >42 mw/cm2/nm at 30cm
- Light source lifetime minimum 25,000hrs.
- Less than 10% change in illumination after 25,000hrs(irradiance)
- Wavelength 420-480 nm
- Variation in intensity for 6 hours<10%
- Effective area 50 cm X 30 cm.